one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Birth of a Project


I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. My drawers offered nothing. I've had these moments before; everything was old (literally), ill-fitting, or boring. I was surrounded by rags, and I thought to myself " Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" I sat on the floor for a few minutes. Then I began rifling through my closet. I saw a shirt I loved, and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was full of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet (and drawers) and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe. (Even though new for me means thrift shop items or booty from friends. More on that later...) I would create a new outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style. Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut (think Cher in Moonstruck). It was my New Years' project: One Closet, One Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment