one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Coopted Saturday



When you have children, even if you are fairly well prepared, there are many things you do not anticipate. One of these is the weekend take over of your time as their social lives eclipse your calendar. Back-to-back birthday parties, sports, school picnics, festivals. We are fairly picky when it comes to these things, but it can still be overwhelming at times. This morning I have to take Leo to a basketball placement test and C-dawg has a birthday party in Sherman Oaks. I would have loved to stay in bed today. It was one of those chilly mornings.

Outfit:

My entire outfit today, save the shoes, is comprised of hand-me-downs/ups.

Sweater: Inner layer, from cousin, it is Mossimo, from Target, I believe.

Striped shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs. A friend's friend worked for him and got some loot. There's a little face peeking out.

Top sweater: From friend, H&M.

Jeans: Cousin. Gap.

Shoes: Three days in a row. Airwalk.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie didn't try out? I thought they were going to be on the same team? Oh well. Hope you enjoy your day even if it is all about running the kids around.

    Cute tshirt. Don't think I've seen that one.

    ReplyDelete