one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mmm Bop it's Monday!!!!



Good Morrow! I woke up this morning and tried to get my post together, only to be met by MANY technical difficulties. I have been called a "Luddite" by Richard and I have the equivalent of a black thumb when it comes to computers. I don't know how to do anything. Without Richard, I probably would not be doing this blahg, but I am learning as I go. I was trying to import the pictures I also had trouble taking, and I got the spinning rainbow pie icon on the screen. It twirled for a long time, then I finally called Richard and he helped me figure it out. There were other problems as well, but I'll spare you the details. Before this blog, I had never imported pictures onto the computer. Never. And we are well into the 21st century. I'm lame that way. A friend was trying to help me search for something on the web and when I was typing my query into the browser she said "You don't know what you're doing". She didn't mean to be mean, she was stating a fact. I don't know what I'm doing much of the time.

I did not do my week in review last night because I was very tired when I got home. I hope to do it tonight as there is nothing on my dance card. Today however, I am the luckiest person in the world because I was invited to sing back up vocals for Mason Reed on his new album! He is an incredibly talented and soulful musician and I am just so happy to be singing with him on this beautiful song he wrote.

I saw Mason sing the song at a screening of The Legends LaLa. It was so lovely I came home and sang it to HaHa all night and all day. I am very excited and I hope my voice doesn't crack! Also, I wanted to assure everyone, especially my mom, that everything is good with Richard and me. I was only joking when I mentioned him having his vasectomy in vain the other day. I am hopelessly devoted to Richard, for better or worse. Most of the time it is worse...

Kidding again!

Outfit: Since I am going to a studio I thought I would honor some legendary musicians. I found this shirt sometime in the 90's at a store called Conways in NYC.

Jeans - Gap from Goodwill.

Sweater - Same as yesterday.

Shoes - Sad but well loved.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear your voice on Mason's songs. I think you'll add just that perfect element that will rocket this thing to sucess. Whoopee!!! Glad it's worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun and he is awesome! Thanks for hookin' me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete