one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

El Douche


...

I just got finished reading John Mayer's ridiculous Playboy interview and I am baffled and appalled. He spends a lot of time trying to discredit claims that he is a "douchebag", then goes on to say a number of things that could only be said by... a douchebag. First of all, what kind of guy kisses and tells in such a public way? A douchebag. What kind of guy says that "during sex, I’m just going to run a filmstrip. I’m still masturbating"? A douche. What kind of man, when asked if he is hit on by black women, rather than saying "I have been, but I haven't dated any" says: "My d**k is a white supremacist." Douche squared. Next, said douche goes on to use the N-word and describes being black as: "Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside." Nice. Thanks John Mayer, for so succinctly describing my experience as a black person. I am "making it work." I think Mr. Mayer may have a future as a spokesperson for black people. Maybe el-douche thinks he can say this stuff because he thinks, "black people love me". We'll see how much they love him now. I had previously thought John Mayer was an okay guy, but as of today I am dubbing him The Douchebag. Enough said.

I spent all day with Hollis in Urgent Care waiting for her to pee. She did not, so I was sent home with a cup and a bag. Hollis was up all night with a very high fever still and when she woke up this morning she cried cries of pain and said "pee-pee", thus the urgent care. The doctor thinks the fever is from her virus, but I have my doubts.

My outfit is similar to yesterday. Built for illness. I know I will win no fashion kudos, but I tried to overshadow it by doing an avant-garde pose. I am supposed to go to a friend's birthday party tonight, so I will try to make up for the last two days in the doldrums of my closet.

Outfit:

Shirt: From cousin. It is exactly the same as yesterday, but black. Mossimo.

Grey Sweater: I gave this to my friend many years ago. I got it in NYC. She was ditching it, so I took it back.

Jeans: Old Navy.

Tank (underneath): From sister.

Sling: Kangaroo Korner. This sling is soooo comfy! It's been through three kids and it's still going strong! It has been a huge help these past few days.

Shoes: Fit Flops.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not only did you have to read about the idiot but you had to do it while having a sick baby. Boo hoo Hollis.

    ReplyDelete