one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Following Up



First of all, I can't believe I left aunts and uncles off of my love list! Some of my first loves were my aunts Diane, Janine, Julie, and I adore my uncles Van and Broderick! I also have much love for my Aunt Mary and Aunt Mona. My life would be very different without them all. I am so thankful for their wisdom and warmth, their humor and kindness, their support and influence, and of course, their love. When I think of their lives, I am amazed by the many accomplishments and contributions they have made to the world! They are truly an amazing bunch!

Next, I wanted to explain my comment about doctors in yesterdays' post. I was feeling peeved because the doctor who saw Hollis in urgent care, was very dismissive when I told him I suspected a UTI. Even though I explained that her fever had gotten worse over four days, that she hadn't eaten, that she was lethargic, and that she had cried painful cries then said "Pee-pee", he diagnosed her as having a "virus", and only gave me a bag to catch Hollis' pee in because I insisted. He also did not leave follow-up paperwork, so that I could not get Hollis' urine analyzed without seeing another doctor in urgent care. I had given Hollis some unsweetened cranberry juice after we saw the doctor and the following morning my friend called to find out how Hollis was. After I told her our saga and that Hollis still had a fever after 5 days, she told me about something called D-Mannose and I thought that rather than go back to urgent care I would try it.

I went to Erewhon to pick up the remedy and I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the day. The sun was shining and I smiled thinking that it is winter, and yet, here I am wearing sandals. I gave Hollis some D-Mannose mixed with cranberry juice, and a few hours later her fever was gone and she ate food for the first time in four days. She also played for the first time in several days! So, although I have no way of proving that she had a UTI in addition to her viral infection, I am pretty sure her very high fever was caused by one. Actually, I still have her urine in the fridge. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get it analyzed just to prove my case!

Outfit:

Stayed home today, still on the mend!

Grey tank: Urban Outfitters a million years ago!

Turquoise Cami: Goodwill. From Express.

Brown pants: Goodwill. Moda International.

Shoes: None! I always prefer being barefoot!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh thank god. Amazing that it worked. It flushed the stupid e. coli out of her system. I'm so thrilled. And the funny thing is I only just found out about the remedy a couple weeks ago. I guess that's why.

    So listen ladies (and gents) if you get a UTI or think you're getting one d mannose is the first line of defense. It has no side effects and cured my UTI in about an hour. And apparently had the same effect on Hollis. Again, thank god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layna: Thanks for the shout out to us "great" aunts and uncles. Now we are "great" Great Aunts and Uncles.
    It looks like Rusty thinks you're great.
    Pur-r-r. He couldn't be happier.
    Love,
    Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are great and great!!!!!
    xoxoxoxo-S!

    ReplyDelete