one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Fr!day!!!!




Another day of Hollis as static cling. I really feel for her because she seems so miserable. Last night her fever reached 103.5 and I got a little worried. She felt so hot and yet she was shivering. Richard, as usual, said, "She's fine." Unless blood is pouring out of the children's eye sockets, they are "fine". Richard also commented on my post yesterday that I used "a lot" of exclamation points! I told him I know that I do, it is a habit I have had a long time. The truth is, if I were talking to you, I would be exclaiming on a regular basis. I am very animated when I talk. I gesticulate. I make faces. Perhaps it is the Italian in me. I'll try to cut back on my favorite punctuation mark.

Since I knew it would be another day of carrying Hollis around in the sling, I decided not to "waste" an outfit. I am wearing instead, a total "mom" outfit that is ready to soak up stains, be comfortable, and scream "I am not fashion!"

Outfit:

Brown Button Down with pockets: From cousin. Mossimo.

Brown Sweater (underneath): From cousin. Mossimo.

Jeans: These I bought at Old Navy when I was pregnant. They are slightly too big, so I always wear a long shirt with them. I am sure they will be in the out pile one of these days.

Charlie and Leo are going to have a sleep over at Aunt Janine's tonight! While they were getting supplies ready, Hollis lay down on their stuff. This shows how truly awful she feels. You can see it in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment