one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Improv!

The skate party was a blast! I had not been skating at a rink for a long time and the feeling of flying as your wheels glide across the floor, cannot be topped. I wore the skates I have had since I was 17. I decided not to drive when I was 16 and got skates to transport me about Santa Monica. My skates got stolen, so I got a new pair. They remain with me to this day. We've had some good times, those skates and me. I love them so!

Today I am going to work with 7th graders on improvisation. I will actually be working at the school I attended from 7th through 12th grade! I will be teaching in a theater I used to take classes in. Surreal! I used to love improvisation when I was into all that drama stuff, so I think it will be a lot of fun. I'm not sure how I will be with the teenagers seeing as I have such a hard time with my step-son, but I'm hoping for the best. I really do have an affinity for the younger kids, probably because their easier to impress... or control. Either way, wish me luck! I tried to invoke the spirit of the angry model today... Glad this camera is not high-def because you would be able to see my   Mo'Nique-esque leg hair!!!

Outfit:

Black Shirt: From cousin. Mossimo.

Black Tunic under shirt: Forever 21. It was a pregnancy purchase.

Belt: This red string belt belongs to another dress.

Skirt: Vintage. From Salvation Army, purchased in high school. I thought it was fitting for today.
 Shoes: American Eagle. Same as yesterday!
I've included a photo of the sparkly jacket I wore last night, and my homies in their gear!

4 comments: