one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Pizza Pajama Night!

I had to rush out of the house this morning to buy supplies for the boy's preschools' annual Pizza Pajama Night. I got a little irritated picking out an outfit today because it's a little hard to psych yourself into getting dressed up when you know that all you are doing the whole day is chauffeuring around people under the age of 7. I'm sure this is why there are so many "Mom Makeover" shows. What's the point of looking nice if you're going to get stained, and smelly, and see no one other than your offspring?

I just got home at 8:47 and I left the house at 10:00 a.m.! Hollis was a total trooper driving all over town. Lucky for me, it didn't start to pour until after I got the boys!

I think it's hard to tell that the shirt and pants I'm wearing are a chocolate brown.

Shirt: I Heart Guts.

Sweater: From cousin. Mossimo.

Pants: From cousin. Gap.

Jacket: From cousin. Mossimo.

Shoes: Wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment