one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Funday!

Woah, boy, this is the latest I've ever published a post! I feel like a slacker, but I can't be a slave to my blog, right? It was a fun and busy Sunday. It started with waking up with the kids and keeping them in one room trying to stop them from using their natural volume level, which is the equivalent of shouting. I then came downstairs, made pancakes for the kids (we had our nephew sleep over last night), and rushed to get dressed before I had to get out the door to pick up pizza for band rehearsal.

Rehearsal went longer than it was supposed to, but we had a lot of fun and got to catch up. The people in the band are all very talented and they rock. I got to hear about Tim's second week on the "orange juice" fast. I had never heard of this one, but he has had nothing but orange juice for two weeks and he feels great. Previously, he had not been feeling well, which is why he started it. I also got to meet Marc's mom, who is a beautiful and looked too youthful to have a 30-something year old son. I got to hear about the new loves and new exes of some, and then we played and it was fabulous! Music is a balm!

I returned home and my wonderful and sweet friend Wendy (creator of I heart Guts) came by to visit with her amazingly adorable son. Soon after, another nephew dropped by for a quick hello and just as it was getting close to din-din, my amazing and dear friend Josh came by with his very sweet dog Eddie. Josh is the bee's knees and he is also the kids' godfather! I had to choose between blogging, or quality time with friends and family, so blogging lost. It is very hard for me to get dressed up on Sundays. I will try to get back to my project

Outfit:

Purple Tee: Coincidentally, Wendy gave this to me. It is from Crowded Teeth. This woman makes really cool stuff. Her site is great! I wore this shirt in Tuesday Review.

Purple Long Sleeve Shirt: Forever 21. I decided to go double purple in memory of fourth grade!

Jeans: From Cousin. Gap.

Shoes: Airwalk.

Sweater: Salvation Army. Express


This is Jordan who claims he is now taller than me. I say not quite yet!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that was Eddie. He photographs so big. But Jordon does look like he's sneaking up on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well, I guess it's inevitable!

    ReplyDelete