one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pot Luck!

I stayed in bed as long as I possibly could. I have to thank Richard and my Aunt Janine. We are going to the final parent pot luck for Leo's class. One last time to mingle before we go our separate ways in June.
There will be Margaritas and tacos. What more could a girl want?

I am not writing a lot today. I am hoping the blog police don't report me. I waited until 5:30 to take my pictures, so the light was against me. I went back between flash and no flash, and the pictures were a little dicey.

Outfit:

Lace Empire waist shirt: Isaac Mizrahi for Target. I got it for 7 bucks!

Grey Pencil Skirt: Goodwill. Zara.

Sweater: Friend hand-me-down: H&M.

Shoes: Patricia Field for Payless. I was looking for shoes for the boys and I saw these. They were on sale for 12 smackeroos.

By the way, it just started to pour, so I may be heading to the shin-dig in my handy dandy rain boots!

2 comments: