one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Whoops!

I woke up today and rushed out of the house for a meeting. After the meeting I had to pick up HaHa and I convinced my cousin to hang out for lunch before she headed home to spend the whole weekend writing papers for school. After lunch was Leo pick up, followed by cousin drop off, and waiting for Charlie. On top of all this, I was feeling a little under the weather on account of too many days getting to bed after 1:30 a.m., and waking up at 7:30 a.m.... Will I ever conquer my bad habits?

I know Richard will hassle me about having such a short post, but I really don't feel up to it. Perhaps I can get sympathy somewhere else... Anyone?

I really am bummed I am not feeling well because I will not be able to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday, and I was invited to a social club to hear a band called The Painkillers, which I will be missing as well. I guess I'll be taking a rain check!


Outfit:

Shirt: This silk button down was given to me by a friend. Henri Bendel.

Jeans: From cousin. Gap.

Jacket: I got this at a thrift store in New York, I believe. I just thought the fabric and print were so incredible. It has some markings on it which lead me to believe it was handmade.

Shoes: Falchi by Carlos Falchi. I am a fan of red shoes, although not such a fan of pointy shoes. I like these though!

4 comments:

  1. You definately will get a lot of sympathy from me. I hope you stay home and get some rest so you don't get sicker. Rest!!!!!Love, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always count on you for sympathy! Thanks, mom! xoxo-S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. And I'm seeing the liberal use of exclamation points runs in the family.

    love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete