one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Meet The Parents!

I have avoided wearing two different outfits in one day for fear of "running out" before my 365 days are up. I am 132 days in, by the way. That is a little more than a third of the way through! I can do it! I can do it! I think I can. I think I can...  Even if I end up looking like as total fool.


I actually contemplated wearing my "work" outfit all day, but I was meeting a bunch of ladies in the park for a group play date, followed by Leo pick up, then more park, then Charlie pick up, then more park, then off to a summer school open house at 5:30 to meet parents and answer questions about my summer class curriculum. Once I thought about the logistics of the day, I realized that wearing pants and Fit Flops until work time was the way to go.

I don't know why, but I've been having parenting issues. With the boys, I feel we are at a stand-off, and I haven't figured out how to speak their language and communicate to them that some of their actions are unacceptable. On top of that, Haha has been a total diva. Walking around saying "No!" to everything I do. She actually pushed my hand away today, as I was trying to protect her from falling. "No!" Listen Haha, you are supposed to be a baby, okay? Can someone please give her the memo?

Outfit:

Shirt and sweater stay the same.


Shirt: Forever 21. I got this when I was pregnant because it is long, and fit over my belly well. However, it is gathered at the bottom, which I am not feeling. I will either cut the bottom or only wear it tucked in.

Sweater: I think I got this at a store in New York called Conways. I got it a long time ago as a gift for Pollyanna. She was giving it away, so I took it back. I had the same sweater in blue and black, butI lost them. Today while I was sitting with the kids I took the pink threaded flowers off because I thought they didn't look good. 

Jeans: Hand me down from cousin. Old Navy.

Shoes: Fit Flops

Skirt: From Walmart in the tiny town in Massachusetts where my mom lives. George.

Tights: Hue.

Shoes: American Eagle.




This is how most of my photos look... really.


The picture of Leo was taken on one of our trips to the park. He was really picking up speed on that thing!

2 comments:

  1. How's about that baby intervention? I'm all in.
    How do you manage to look so glamorous whilst undergoing parenting issues? Give me THAT memo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... glamorous?! It's all in the posing! Yes! Baby Intervention! Baby intervention!

    ReplyDelete