one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

On The Fence!

Richard fell into a hole last night when he was moving the fence. It was about four feet deep. He hurt himself bad. Very bad. He was walking backwards holding one half of the fence and he stepped into the hole! He was bleeding and in so much pain that he, the man who "never rests", limped up to bed and lay down. He had to get up to work at 10:00 p.m., but I think it frightened him. Me too. He is still limping today.

Poker night is upon us, so I am keeping my post short!

Outfit:                                           

I knew I wanted to wear something that my FRESH friend passed on to me because I wanted to link to her very cool blog that she is now ready for the world to see! It is called Fresh Air Frolics and it is a smart and creative hodgepodge of really cool stuff. Here is an example of her clever mind: "i should be grabbing the world by the balls and smacking fools across the face with my ovaries. instead, i hesitate." She is always telling me about interesting sites and articles, and she has introduced me to some incredible music. She's amazing!

Dress: From friend. Laundry by Shelli Segal. This is actually the first time I've worn this dress. Taking the Ralph Lauren spring collection as inspiration, I am mixing something formal with something casual.

Shirt: From cousin. Mossimo.

Scarf: (Worn as belt). I got this at a thrift store in New York. It is very old. I couldn't find the belt that goes with the shirt, so I grabbed this. I thought the grays complimented the purple in the dress. Because there are some yellow tones in the scarf I added the yellow shoes. Go Lakers! (Although I wouldn't mid seeing Boston come out on top...)  

Cuff: This was given to me by a woman I worked for in NYC who had a home daycare. The two of us watched 6 two year olds, and a couple of older kids. I likened working with the two year olds to working with Tourette Syndrome patients in a group setting. We would dress 6 toddlers up in their snow suits and take them out in the snow to play for all of about 10 minutes before one of them would start crying or get cold or wet... Good times!

Shoes: Miz Mooz by Gazith.  HaHa's dress from Aunt Diane!!! So cute!

2 comments: