one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Culmination!

Today my little Lee-lo said good-bye to his pre-school years, and his pre-school. He is officially a kindergartner! He's moving on, and I would be a complete wreck if I didn't know we will be back at the pre-school in a couple of years. It is a truly special place.

I am still under the weather, and I just don't have it in me to post today. When I had to get up this morning, I would have given anything to stay in bed. I woke up damp but much improved from last night. I guess I had a fever because I was freezing, but I was also sweating.
Why am I writing this? Because my head is not clear. So let me stop.





Outfit:

Sweater: From cousin. Forever 21. I was going to wear a wife-beater, but it was cold.

Skirt: Thrift store. This was actually a dress, but I cut off the top and tucked in the zipper. I am not sure why I cut the top half of the dress off, and I wish I remembered what it looked like. I don't know if I altered it because the top was ill-fitting or ugly, or if I thought a skirt would get more wear. Whatever the case, I've had this skirt since high school, and I love the detail in it.

Shoes: Mossimo.

Lee-lo contemplates leaving the pre-school days behind...

5 comments:

  1. I adore that skirt! Hope you feel better real soon. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow up too damn fast. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that skirt! I don't think I've ever seen that in your arsenal.

    And love the pic of Leo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is a great skirt, and I wear it rarely. Thus the birth of this project. Just another example of something I have that I do not take advantage of! The killer is that this cost me about 7 bucks! ant it was in perfect condition!
    Felling better today. Thank you, lovely ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....my little Leo....Aunt Janine

    ReplyDelete