one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, June 4, 2010

New Parent Dinner!

In just mere moments I will be hopping on the bus with HaHa in order to get to school to do some work, pick up the boys, get them fed and off to Aunt Janine's, and meet Richard for our "New" parent dinner tonight. Leo is entering Kindergarten in the fall, so the school has a dinner for all of the kindergarten parents. We did it last year for Charlie, so we hardly feel new, but that's another story.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear for the dinner, something nice but somewhat casual. I found the perfect shirt, but didn't know what to pair it with. I decided I would wear a combo I've never worn before: Pink and Khaki. Now, I only have khakis because my generous cousin gave me two brand new (with the tags still on!) pair. I like them, and they are a great staple. Since I didn't want to wear the shirt all day, I opted to wear this "cover up" while I am doing my mom stuff. That way, I hope to preserve the integrity of the blouse.

I got this blouse at Goodwill for about 5 bucks. I have an addiction to anything sparkly and strange. I had to have it, and it has been sitting in my closet unworn for over a year. Gotta go! The Big Blue Bus beckons!!!

Outfit:

Cover up: From Cousin. Mossimo. She gave me two of these too!

Pink shirt: Goodwill.

Khakis: From cousin. Gap.

Shoes: Mossimo

1 comment: