one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Weebee!!!!

Today is the birthday of one of my best and most brilliant friends! She is talented, beautiful, sweet as the day is long, and smart enough to run her own business while chasing a toddler and nursing a newborn!
She is also the only person I could give a package of Cock Flavoured Soup to who would get as excited as I did when I found the aforementioned product.

Another late night at Chez Shelayna. Every night I say I'm going to bed before midnight, and every night I've been going to bed at 1:00... And waking up at 6:30. I have to stop, but there is just too much to do! It also doesn't help that my children have been going to bed at 10:00, and Richard has been working late a lot. Last week he arrived from work at 4:00 a.m. and had to be back at the office for a 10 o' clock meeting!

Okay. Must. Go. To. Bed.

Outfit:

Another chilly summer day her in So Cal.

Sweater:  Hand me down from cousin. Mossimo.

Pink Top: Forever 21.

Jeans: Goodwill. Gap.

Shoes: Mossimo.

3 comments:

  1. I love Weeber too! Happy birthday Weeber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the femininity of the outfit...and count me in on the I love weeber boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here here! everyone should have a weebs in their life!

    ReplyDelete