one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Maliboo-boo!

I won't go into all the details of the day because it is 1:37 a.m., and I am tired. We got back from Malibu at 10:48, and after I got all the kids ready for bed, I fell asleep with HaHa on Charlie's bed. I just woke up a while ago and had to figure out how to import pictures with the camera I used today. My regular camera is not working, so I've been using different cameras for the past few days. It has made the process more arduous, and very frustrating. I had my little photo sessions down pat!

Anyway, as per usual we had a great time in Malibu. There were dogs and food and friends and good times. Everything was going great until Char-Char said "I hurt my knee". It turns out he cut himself with glass. The cut was not too deep, but it was in a bad place, and at first it didn't seem like the bleeding was stopping. I drove to the store because we didn't have proper bandages. I realized that we have two first aid kits at home and none in our green car. We won't be having this problem again. Will update about C-Dawg's boo-boo status tomorrow!




Outfit:


Charlie took my outfit pics today! Thanks Charlie! 
 

Top: This is the top half of a bathing suit I've had forever. I thought we would be on the beach today, but when we got to Malibu it was chilly! We played at the playground instead.

Skirt: My old high school stand-by purchased at Salvation Army.

Shoes: zoe & zac.

Sweater: Hand me down. Alfani.

No comments:

Post a Comment