one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mama's Guilt!

I'm about to leave HaHa for the first time since she was born. I will be gone for four and a half days, and I will be leaving her not fully weaned. In truth, I think I have begun weaning, but she really isn't wanting to, so I guess I am forcing her to wean this weekend...

I'm a little worried. What if I traumatize Baby HaHa and scar her for life? What if I experience the excruciatingly painful breast engorgement I experienced when I weaned Leo? What if I am so homesick for HaHa that I can't function on my assignment? What if the guilt eats me alive?!!!!

Ahhhhh, motherhood. That endless bastion of worry and regret. The fear. The judgment. The sleepless nights... Why, oh why, did I ever think I could, or should, do it?!

Call me crazy. I plead guilty.

And, by the way, I haven't lost any sleep over my parenting decisions yet! Mostly because I am exhausted!

Outfit:

Heather gray tank (under layer): Urban Outfitters. I bought this at least 15 years ago in NYC! I need a new one as soon as this year is over!


Striped shirt: Hand me down from friend. Gap.

Skirt: Goodwill. Forever 21. This is one of the items I got out of dry cleaning last week. I think I paid $5.99 for it, and it probably cost just as much to have it dry cleaned!

Shoes: Predictions. 

This is a shirt ChaCha made last night with a sharpie. If HaHa thinks she's a boy in the future, I'll blame Chach!

1 comment:

  1. LOFL. Where did he get "sexy dude" from?! Toooo funny, especially with the face. I can only imagine what you're feeling about HaHa Bear. It would kill my insides a million times over and I'm not even her Mom!

    ReplyDelete