one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On the Bright Side!

Tonight as Richard and I talked over kale, he told me that I could be a worse mother. He was referring to my post awhile back where I wished for more patience with the kids. After he said this, he read me the following headline: "Woman flushes newborn baby down toilet on plane". I can always count on Richard for some informative, thoughtful and sobering information at just the right time. 

Yes. No matter how miffed or irritated I have been with the kids of late, I have NOT tried to flush them down the toilet...

But maybe that's just because they're too big!

Just kidding! The kids have been lovely ever since they have gotten some sleep!

Today we hiked and played in Kenneth Hahn park after I finished working in the classroom! It was swell!

Outfit:

HaHa was in a very huggy mood. Lucky me!!!

Gray bodysuit: Goodwill. Star Cody. When I am working with kids I like to make sure I am covered. Even in the summer!

Shoulder-tie tank: From friend. Marc by Marc Jacobs.


White skirt: Salvation Army. I've had it since high school!

Shoes: Predictions.

2 comments:

  1. Sleep is the ultimate cure all. I think we forget sometimes.

    I love the sweet picture of the boys.

    p.s. my sillyband broke. I need to snag one from the kids or better yet, i'll wait till mine come in and pick my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little note sweetheart, the word "reserved" is mispelled in the disclaimer at the bottom of the blog. Jordan looks pretty bored in the picture. I am glad the boys are getting more sleep and hopefully you will be getting some more sleep on the weekends after I get there.

    ReplyDelete