one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Powerhouse!

I got invited to a reading at The Powerhouse tonight. The writers were all very entertaining and captivating, and the theme was "endings". Hearing stories about death, cancer, prison and the world ending (Cuban Missile Crisis), kind of puts things in perspective. I walked to my car feeling grateful, melancholy, and contemplative. The night was clear, and crisp, and as I walked I remembered what it felt like before, when I was just me, on my own. It's weird to feel the same, and yet not the same. I guess that's life, eh?

Outfit:

Blue Shirt: Walmart. No Boundaries. I got this when I was visiting my mom in her tiny Massachusetts town. I feel like I always have to say this, because I have Walmart guilt. Seen in Comments!

Sweater: Hand me down from friend. H&M. Still fighting the summer chill here in LaLa Land!

Jeans: Big Sunday. Bu from Malibu Jeans.

Shoes: Predictions. Today while I was waiting at carpool on of my students told me I need to wear socks with these shoes or my feet will stink! I love the candor of children!

HaHa Bear and her new baby!

2 comments: