one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Roto-Copters!

Today, the highlight of my day was watching my first graders launch Roto-copters off of the landing outside our classroom! It was a simple exercise, used for our study of air, but the kids took so much delight in it, it was infectious! I made some for my kids too. Ah, the simple things...

Another simple moment was watching the kids play with the hose in the back yard. It was very old -school summer-time fun, except for the fact that I put the timer on for each of them in order to conserve water. Our grass in the back yard is almost completely dead, so I figured it could use a drink...  

Simple moment # 3: Charlie twisting/knocking his own tooth out! He said it was "hanging by a thread", an expression I didn't know he knew, so I said "take it out!" He did. Then he lost his tooth, so he wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy: "Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my tooth And can't find it. Can you still $1?" I hope the Tooth Fairy gets the message!

Outfit:

Shirt: Hand me down from very stylish and generous cousin!  Torrid.

Pants: Goodwill. Mossimo. These are my summer pants. But I got paint on them today...

Shoes: Airwalk. HaHa and Leo have a sibling "simple moment".

1 comment:

  1. Wow, another tooth missing for Cha Cha. That kid is growing up way too fast. They all are. Let's stop time.

    ReplyDelete