one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Theory!

As I spent day three with HaHa in constant misery mode, I happened upon a theory: perhaps she is so unhappy because we have reached the beginning of weaning. When I was in San Diego, my milk production slowed waaay down. However, it didn't stop altogether because I was handling a stunt baby. She was two months old, incredibly adorable, and I felt my milk let down when I was holding her.

I had to pump a few times, just to let off some pressure, but I tried not to because I had this idea that HaHa would give up the "bah-bah" while I was away. Of course, I should have known she wasn't going to do that when she said "bah-bah" every time I talked to her on the phone. "How are you, HaHa?"... "Bah-bah". "I miss you"... "Bah-bah"... "Are you having fun with grandma?" "Bah-bah"...

At any rate, when I finally got home and got to nursing her, it felt like there was very little milk coming out, and it continues to feel this way. Perhaps all of HaHa's wailing, and it is more crying than she has done in her entire 21- month old life, mind you, is due to this loss. I did not anticipate this. I hope the change is temporary because it is really tearing me up. My sunny bear is just miserable. I hope that it will pass soon.

Outfit:

When I can't remember what I've worn, I make sure to include at least ONE piece I know I have only worn once or twice. I grabbed these pants first, because I just got them from the dry cleaners.

Striped shirt: Goodwill. Banana Republic.

Floral leisure shirt: Salvation army. This was a high school find.

Pants: Forever 21.

Shoes: Mossimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment