one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A trend!

I wish I could say that my trend these days is brilliant writing, fabulous fashion, and zen-like parenting, but alas, I cannot claim such greatness. Since my return from the Con, I have been tired, preoccupied and busy. I can't seem to get my stuff together so that I can get to bed before 1 a.m. Perhaps if I did, I would be singing a different tune...

My students have been great the past few days and HaHa is slowly coming around. Today I put her in the sling because she just wanted to be held all the time. Even so, she has still cried more in the past few days than I have ever see her cry.

It's 1:09 a.m. The house is clean, the boys are sweet, and my husband shaved his head and is still at work. Tomorrow I get to have my teeth cleaned, and I don't know why I'm doing this train of thought post...

I guess it's time to get to bed!

Outfit:

Shirt: Hand me down. Old Navy.

Skirt: My 1988 Marshall's special! I got it in Dallas when I was visiting Pollyanna for the summer.

I tucked the shirt into the waistband of the skirt to come up with this ensemble. Not bad, if you ask me!

Shoes: Mossimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment