one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Buckeye, AZ!

Why oh why do I find it so easy to stay up late? The answer may be sitting right next to me typing a paper for her "Advocacy and Mediation" class. My sister is happily clicking away as the hour approaches 1:00 a.m! Maybe it's in our genes... However, I just asked my sister if my dad stays up late and she said "No". We have different moms, so I guess my theory is bunk.

Actually, I just got a new theory: We stay up late because it's the only time we can do what we need to without the requests, or demands of our little ones. And big ones for that matter. My theory has some merit, I think, but I have been staying up late since I was a wee babe in a crib. Reminds me of a little girl that lives in my house right now...

 After our arrival in Buckeye, my sister fed us, then we took the kids to an open air mall that had a fountain for them to splash in. We enjoyed the pleasant weather, the company, and watching the kids have a fine time in the cascades of water under the Arizona sky.

Outfit:

I couldn't be too concerned about looking cute knowing I was going to spend the bulk of the day in the car. I also did not know that we would be going out. Luckily it was dark because I was looking beat by the time we stepped out. We got home at 10:55 p.m. Only the two youngest  babes were asleep!

Shirt: My mom gave this to me a long time ago. I believe I was in high school. The flowers are faded and I've dyed it once, but I can't get rid of it despite it's flaws.

Skirt: Goodwill. This was a dress, but I cut it. I got it a long time ago.

Shoes: Fit Flops.

Me, My sis, and my niece!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am happy you made the drive there safe and sound and you all look like you are having a good time. I think you and Kimberly look very much alike, even with different mothers. Must be those strong Kennedy genes. Enjoy the rest of your trip and tell Kimberly I said hi!

    ReplyDelete