one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Downtown!

Today I took a little impromptu trip Downtown with Tay-Tay and HaHa. Tay-Tay had to get her newly re-sized engagement ring fixed, and I offered to accompany her. After we dropped off her ring, we strolled the streets and ended up in Pershing Square, the Metro station, the historic Alexandria Hotel, and a strange little shopping area complete with electronic fish tanks and velveteen dogs!

It was very fun to explore the city and see the interesting folk that roam the Downtown streets. For those of you who are interested, the Alexandria hosts free movie screenings on Wednesday nights. On August 4th they will be showing (500) Days of Summer in the Mezzanine for free! Refreshments are complimentary, and downstairs is the intriguing restaurant The Gorbals. I'm not one for chicken-skin sandwiches and haggis burgers, but I'd love to try the bacon-covered matzoh balls! Mmmm... bacon!

Outfit:

Shirt: Getting ready for my trip next week! I got this on the street in NYC several years ago.

Black shirt/dress: Forever 21. I bought this for a wedding when I was preggers with Leo.

Skirt: Salvation Army. I got this skirt in high school. That means it is SUPER old!

Shoes: Predictions.   HaHa in front of a rad sign!

Some creepy dolls at the bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment