one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fireside!

Right now, as I write this post, there is a very fine group of people sitting around a fire in the backyard, just a few feet away. I could write a long post about the many things I did today, but I'd rather go and sit by the fire and enjoy the company of folk I may not see for a very long time.

Before I go, a short list:

I visited The American River.

I saw three deer, wild turkeys, an owl, and a snake.

I went to a very fun birthday party.

I ate some of the most delicious and fresh food I have had in a very long time. Food just picked from The Brown's garden.

I tried Leffe beer as per the recommendation of a German bartender I met awhile back. I'm really not a beer person, but it was alright.

I sat by a fire.

I did a quick post.

I had fun.

Outfit:

Shirt: This shirt is a work in progress. I have cut the lace for the second shoulder, but I haven't sewn it yet. The lace comes from a slip I found at a thrift store many years ago that I love and have kept, even though every time I pick it up it has a new tear. I decided to take off the bottom tier and use it to help cover up the fact that the straps on this tank are fraying. Anyway, I'm sure I looked a bit crazy today, but at least I'm not repeating! This shirt was a hand me down from my old boss. BCBG.

Skirt: Marshall's circa 1988. Purchased in Texas the summer before 10th grade! I thinkI need to put it away for awhile. This is at least the 10th time I've worn it!

Shoes: Fit Flops. I wanted to make sure I could hike around the river!

Jordan took the photo's today as he was using the complicated camera!

2 comments:

  1. Was it a gymnastics birthday party? The boys look so cute. They're telling secrets I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, gymnastics all the way! It was a riot!

    ReplyDelete