one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Las Fuentes!

Today we had a mini-family reunion lunch at the yummy Las Fuentes in Reseda. I say mini-reunion because it was only two small branches of our very large family tree that got together. My mom is in town so we were going to have a BIG pow-wow/ get together. However, my very ambitious and generous aunt had surgery, so I thought that maybe we should save the big party for another time when she is up for a long day of festivities! Hopefully, soon!

At any rate, the food and the family was great, and it reminded me that I need to get up off my butt and make more time for family members that I don't see enough! I have such a funny and sweet family. They really are amazing.

On another note, It is my dad's and my aunt's birthday today!!! They are 59!!! Whoo-hoo!!! They are not twins. It's my mom's sister... Rock it lovely Lions! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!! Love to you both! And many more!!!

By the way, as I type this at 10:53 p.m., HaHa is jumping all over my mom on the futon and refusing to go to sleep. This little girl is sweet as the day is long, but she is cray-cray!

Outfit:

Grey shirt: Forever 21.

Skirt: Thrift store. This is a dress that the spaghetti straps broke off of, so I wear it as a skirt. I got it a long time ago, and I don't wear it that often. Maybe because it's white?

Shoes: Predictions. They are starting to crack. This will be the third pair of shoes to die this year. They are old. What can I say?

Rusty looking angry about the plant I moved outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment