one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Applause!

Okay. I wrote the title of this post and proceeded to fall asleep while sitting upright! Yikes! I guess it was a long day.

Aren't they all?

I got out of the house early and alone so I could prepare for my  8:30 a.m. performance. Much to my surprise I was able to hit the high notes without having talked all day.  Yay!

The outfit that I wore today was also my "costume" for the performance.

*Note. I just took a two hour nap on the couch. It is now 1:13 a.m. Richard is still awake and he just woke me up so I could post. He tried twice before. Rather than write in this fog, I am going to put up my pictures and go back to bed!







Outfit:

I wore this combination before, then I threw another dress! Clever, huh? I was supposed to be a Russian peasant circa early 1900's.

Shirt: Goodwill. Forever 21.

Skirt: Hand me down from friend.

Dress: Hand me down from friend. Ella moss. I really love this dress. It is so comfy and easy and versatile.

Shoes: Capezio.

See the original outfit in Gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment