one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre-loween!

We had a lot of Halloween fun today at school. It started with an all-school parade that is one of the annual highlights. Richard brought HaHa, so she was able to experience the glory and the madness. It was a bit overwhelming for her, but she was a trooper, and she even played with some of my first graders. They were very sweet to her.

I thought of a Halloween costume the night before, and Richard was kind enough to make it for me! I never figured out what the numbers he printed on my contestant sign. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Spending the day with children completely giddy from their costumes and the ritual of Halloween was a lot of fun. They get so excited. It's very sweet.

Outfit:

Floral shirt: Clothing swap.

Under shirt: Friend hand-me-down. Lux.

Jeans: Clothing swap: J. Crew.


Shoes: zoe & zac.

1 comment:

  1. Would you mind terribly if I steal your idea? I have no costume and I don't really want to make one but I'm going to a work party where everyone will be dressed up and this would be so easy to make it the office today and I'm all the way here in NY so no one will know. Hey, I've been stealing your good ideas for years, what's one more?

    ReplyDelete