one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Merry!

Santa came to our house last night! I thought he might only leave a bunch of coal, but he surprised me. What also surprised me was the joy I got from watching the kids open their gifts. While I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, I am a fan of children getting excited about Santa!

I must thank the lovely and generous Santa's who supplied the kids with very thoughtful and lovely gifts! the children were delighted, and I know they will use and love them for a long time.

HaHa got THREE babies and a tea set! I was amazed at how adept she was at serving and sharing her "tea party" with us. How did she learn about tea parties?

I'll have to ask her!

Outfit:

Perhaps I was subconsciously inspired by "Black Swan", which I saw last night. There is a little bit of a dance feel to this outfit...

Dress: This was a give away that my best friend gave to me years ago. It used to belong to a T.V. actress!!! Ooh -La-La! Ann Taylor. In truth, it is the perfect shape for my body type (pear).

Sleeves: I made these many years ago by cutting off the sleeves of a leotard and attaching them in the back with a piece of elastic. I haven't worn these in many years. I can't say that I'll wear them again, either.

Shoes: American Eagle.



HaHa enjoys a tea party with her new friends.

HaHa got this lovely skirt today!
Flower: My cousin gave this to me on Thursday. I love it!

3 comments:

  1. this close to the finish line and two of my favorite outfits ever! I LOVE the all-white ensemble---so elegant on you!---and this one manages to be refined and punk-rock all at the same time. But I have to challenge you on the 'pear' thing. I would call you willowy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max and Ruby had a show where Ruby was having a tea party with her girlfriend...That is what I remember watching with HaHa...So glad they liked the gifts...Aunt Janine

    ReplyDelete