one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Midnight Shuffle!

Oh-oh-oh...
I'm doing the midnight shuffle.
Staying awake.
I love the late-night bustle.

Staying up all night,
Is the life that thrills me.
But when I see the morning light,
Oh- It kills me...

Thankfully my mom and aunt are here and they've been letting me sleep in!

I don't know why I decided to write that little diddy. It has a tune, but I am not tech savvy enough to upload it here. I'll hum it for you when I see you!

Outfit:

Basic black with a flair.


Top: Goodwill. I bought this when I was pregnant with HaHa, and I've only worn it once before, with a baby bump in tow.  It is more summer worthy, but I haven't worn it this year, so I decided to throw it on! Si'en.

Sweater: Cousin hand-me-down. Tulle.

Skirt: Forever 21.

Shoes: Friend hand-me-down.

4 comments:

  1. you still blow me away! i have learned not to complain, I really have stuff in my closet. I just need to be creative

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already suffering withdrawal pangs. what will i do without your daily updates? probably dress boring again and start watching bad tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! My ego is smiling right about now! Thank you lovely ladies! Especially, for giving me the time of day!!! xoxo-S!

    ReplyDelete