one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

POCC!

I am at the NAIS People Of Color Conference. I had a really fantastic day and I am so lucky that the school I work for believes it is important for educators to continue to learn and grow!

As I have been saying everyday for awhile, I need to get some zzz's! I arrived at 2:00 a.m., went to bed at 3:00 a.m., and had to be at the opening ceremony at 8! Needless to say, I'm knackered! I did actually take an accidental nap which caused me to be late to dinner with our group.

I do hope that I can write a more engaging post one day. By the way, this is the first time I have ever stayed in a hotel by myself in 37 years! It is also the first time I have been alone overnight since August of 2008! Crazy huh?

Outfit:

Shirt: Goodwill. James Pearse.

Skirt: Goodwill. Citron. Third wear in the last month!




Shoes: Fit flops. I packed cuter heels, but I was walking a lot...

A diagram of "Microaggression" a topic I went to a workshop on today. Very thought provoking and insightful!

The view from my window!

3 comments:

  1. I am so into you going there. I went to Seattle one and it was so stimulating, fun, such a great break! Enjoy your alone time and your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I met a teacher from S.F. who said you rock, which I, of course was in total agreement with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there. It sounds so amazing and informative!

    ReplyDelete