one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lissie!

Lissie was absolutely amazing and the look on my face in my picture today is the bliss I felt listening to her phenomenal vocals and wonderful songs. Her voice just cuts through the noise and pierces your heart. She is the real deal. She also brought tangerines from her tree for everyone in the audience!

After the show I got to have some much needed girl time where we discussed race, post-birth "treats"(Ayiko's word) and everything in between. I wonder if guys talk about this stuff. I'm thinking not, but maybe they do and they pretend that they don't.

I have a confession. Although Lissie was blissful, I just took horrible pictures today and I didn't feel like re-taking them. I thought the bliss line would fly, but I realize people aren't that dim. I also have to run because it's a Farmer's Market day and if I don't get to Santa Monica early, I'll be late to pick up Leo.

Hollis is still under the weather, but I do think she is getting better.

It is 75 degrees today! 

Outfit:

Green and white knit shirt: Mossimo from Target. I got this when I was pregnant. Not sure if that was a good idea.

Shirt underneath: Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Pants: Isaac Mizrahi for Target.

Shoes: Fit Flops.

2 comments:

  1. Had such a blast last night. And you can't not look beautiful. You just are so quit your self deprication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very sweet of you... Are you drunk?...

    ReplyDelete