one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick Baby Trumps Blog!!!



It is very difficult to do much with a sick baby around. Hollis has been attached to me like glue for the past two days. It's kind of nice because she isn't climbing everything in sight or chasing anything with the speed and intensity of the Tasmanian Devil.

I have to figure out how to bake 2 dozen cookies while holding my little HaHa bear. (It is Staff Appreciation Day at Charlie's school tomorrow). I guess that's what slings were made for! Leo and I sneaked these pictures while Hollis was asleep in the car seat! That didn't last long!

Outfit:

Polka-dot shirt: From Goodwill. Forever 21.

Sweater: From Cousin. Mossimo.

Jeans: From same Cousin (see Comedy Tonight).

Shoes: Airwalk





I am deeply sad to hear about Alexander McQueen. He is a true fashion genius and legend. Tragic. He will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment