one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Potlatch!

I asked Richard to edit and publish my post at 5 p.m. and he said he would, but when I checked my emails at 8:47 p.m., he hadn't done it, thus the VERY late post!

... I was out all day shepherding the children and making sure they got to do all the things they needed to. Charlie decided that he wants to be in a school show, so he had to get to school early. I thought I would have time to do my post while he was rehearsing, but Hollis came with us and she is not one to sit around while Mama is at the computer! I dropped Hollis off at Aunt Janine's so I could enjoy Charlie's First Grade Potlatch celebration without distractions.  It was wonderful to see Charlie take pride in his presentation and hard work. The first grade potlatch is the culmination of their study of the Pacific Northwest Kwakiutl Indians.

After the potlatch, I scurried off to retrieve Hollis, then we hurried off to pick up Leo.We got Leo, who decided that he wanted some juice, so we trolled the 3rd Street Promenade, seeing sights and killing time before we had to fetch Charlie. Why am I telling you all this? I don't know. Basically to describe that I was running around all day which left me in a race to get my pictures taken and post done!

Outfit:

Since I was in "Mommy-at-school-function" mode, I decided to dress up a bit. It was a grey morning  upon rising, and this inspired my color palate.

Grey Sweater Coat: Goodwill. Forever 21.

Blue Knit Tank: Thrift Store. Urchin.

Grey Skirt: Goodwill. Zara.

Blue Tights: Hue. These were actually nude and I dyed them blue, because I thought it would be cool. I was dying a bunch of clothes for the boys that had a lot of stains, but were okay otherwise.

Shoes: Predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment