one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HaHa Style 3!

So HaHa has taken a turn for the worse. She is moody and whiny and belligerent... Could it be that spending too much time with me has made her cranky?

Could be.

A few days ago HaHa asked me, "Mommy, what's your problem?" I think I just stared at her because I was surprised she asked me that. "My problem is coughing", she said. She had just been coughing a few minutes before, but where, oh where, did she get that language?

When HaHa saw this picture of herself on the ground with her baby she said "I look mad, MaMa." She does. Perhaps the "terrible two's" have finally taken hold. Or perhaps, as I said before, I am killing her exuberance with my own stank attitude. Uh-oh, Mama, time to get with program and snap out of it!


Keeping out of the sun!
A tender moment with her bro.
Fascinating.

3 comments:

  1. It's better to look good than to feel good I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tantrums don't fall to far from the tree. I remember the time in middle of a grocery store you threw yourself down on the floor and started kicking and screaming because I told you not to touch something. People were looking at me and I just said "I didn't even touch her". I picked you up and left the store. I laugh about it now, but you definitely had your terrible two moments. Such is life. Love, love, love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. our children have this way of getting us to reflect that no other can.
    parenthood!

    ReplyDelete