one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother, Mother!

 Last night I was at a party and I asked another mother what she was doing for Mother's Day. She said, "Nothing. I just want to lie around and do nothing and be alone." "Exactly!", I replied. "That's what I really want for Mother's Day- a day without my kids!"

Ironic, no?

Of course, I didn't get that. I got a day without two of my kids, which really defeats the purpose if you ask me...
But,  I had a good day nonetheless. Yummy brunch cooked by my BFF and Bad Advice Giver, hanging out with my painless family (her family), and a little window thrift-shopping.

Then I came back home to the place where I literally became a mother; Charlie, Leo, and HaHa were all born downstairs in our humble abode!

I thank my kids, and Richard, for making me a mom. I can't imagine life without this complicated and celebrated role! Although,  I wouldn't mind a kid-free day every now and then!!!



Happy Mother's Day to all y'all moms out there! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had been there...I would have given you a child free day. Maybe next year. I love the first picture with all the kids. Wow, has Jordan gotten taller or what? Leave it to Leo to give the old clown smile. I am glad you are still posting. Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny, cause alot of the mom's i know as well wanted some chill out time, like a massage or just hang loose and do nothing time.
    there are 365 days a year 1 day we can just relax.

    ReplyDelete