one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

HaHa Style!

HaHa has already developed a very strong sense of personal style. This comes as no surprise. She has a strong sense of many things...

Tonight she put a shower cap on and said, "I'm a cooker, mama!" I really love that she and Leo call me mama. It's very sweet.

 Here are three outfits that HaHa put together on her own, shoes included. She is really digging her gold sandals right now. She calls them her "Sparkle shoes."

I wish that I could write about some of HaHa's evening antics, but I can't do them justice right now...

I am too, too tired right now! Everything HaHa is wearing is handed down except for the Cheongsam and the striped leggings. Those were gifts. Her flower headband was made by my oh, so talented cousin, Taylor!


That's it for edition one of HaHa style. I gotta get some shut eye!

10 comments:

  1. She's the best!
    I love the third pic - it looks like you caught her paparazzi-style!
    xo t

    ReplyDelete
  2. That third outfit (minus the socks with sandals) looks very much like something a mama I know would put together. The clothes horse doesn't drift gallop far from the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good influence. Look at all the fun she is having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is tooo adorable. i am curious about her process. does she just put on what she wants to wear and keep it on? or does she try on a few outfits before going out the door? i love the flower dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold kimono. And your dress in the previous post is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral dress my friend got her at Goodwill for 2 bucks!!! HaHa usually wears only one outfit a day unless she gets wet or dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last picture with her eyes closed. She kinda looks like she was saying "How you doing" like Wendy Williams. She definitely got it going on. Oh my goodness...please keep your blog and her blog going. With the world seeming so out of whack these days, the pleasure of your blog keeps the clarity of what is truly most important in view. The ones we love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha is bringin' it in a real way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Justine just killed me with the Wendy Williams reference. Looooove the HaHa stylings, hope this stays a weekly event! I'm sure the boys will eventually embrace style too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. The two of you must stop traffic on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete