one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Go to the Cabaret!


After spending all day installing the exhibit, and having gone to bed at 3:00 a.m., I am exhausted.

However, my dear and talented friend Lesley Alexander is performing at The Spotlight Cabaret, so there is no rest to be had. I was going to walk out the door in my work clothes because I didn't want to do a post, but Richard said that was a cop out. After making dinner, I was left with very little time or interest to peruse my closet, so I turned my Prince shirt inside out, left the sweater on and added a belt. I finished it off with some crazy shoes. I figure even if look bizarre, it is better than looking like I'm going out to garden!

Outfit: See earlier today.

Belt: Goodwill. A curious find.

Shoes: See Shoes and the Rules

1 comment:

  1. Gotta go out? Turn your t-shirt inside out! You're the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete