one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Skating Time!




Greetings! We are off to the park to skate. I am going to bring my brown suede roller skates with pink wheels circa 1990, and push Hollis in the stroller. These bad boys were my primary source of transportation in high school (granted I wasn't going that far) and they brought me much joy. They are yet another item in my closet that I am glad I've kept all these years. Tonight, Richard and I are going to our friend's new house for the first time, for dinner. I decided to wear something to the park that I could wear into evening with a few changes. Taking pictures today was frustrating and once again I renewed my respect for models. Speaking of which, I was delighted when my best friend told me that Giselle Bundchen is a home birther like me!!!! Rock on Gizzy!!!!

Outfit:

Navy Shirt: This was a hand me down from my cousin. I think it's Forever 21.

Sweater: From same cousin. Merona.

Jeans: From Goodwill. Gap. I call these my "mom jeans".

Knit Scarf: I pulled this out of my cedar chest last night when I was looking for old baby clothes to pass along to a friend who is having a girl. I actually got this scarf at her first baby shower. A friend of hers, who is an incredible designer, had a bunch of these very special scarves that she was giving away. Some of the yarn is handmade and the colors and textures are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment