one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday HaHa!

Today is the second birthday of my beautiful little HaHa! I cannot believe how quickly these past two years have flown!

HaHa was a complete surprise, although I had secretly felt that I would have a little girl one day. It's not that I wanted a girl, but rather, I had visions of one in our family. In truth, I bought a dress at a thrift store years before HaHa was born.

When I was pregnant with HaHa I did not know what I was having. I prepared myself for a fourth boy in our family, but I really thought I was going to have a girl. I never even thought of one boy name.

Strangers on the street would predict a boy, based on the way I was "carrying" my bundle, however, they were wrong!

So now, we have a girl in our family. More balance. Sweetness. Pink. Of course, the boys were and are just as sweet as Hollis, but there is something about her little voice, her adorable face, and her thoughtful presence that makes our house more of a home! Happy Birthday HaHa!


Outfit:

Shirt: Goodwill. Ann Taylor.

Skirt: Thrift store.

Skirt: Friend hand me down. Old Navy.

Shoes: American Eagle.



Blowing out her candles, my little light!

4 comments: