one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Still Sick HaHa!

So the rash that I thought I saw developing last night on HaHa's cheeks, was all over her torso today. After having an argument with Richard about what a "rash" was, he agreed, after looking at her, that HaHa did, indeed, have a rash. So we called the doctor.

As I was speaking to the doctor, I could hear screaming children in the back ground, so I thought she was at the ER or something. As I was telling her my homeopathic treatment remedies I have used in the past she said, "Excuse me, for one moment", and put down the phone. I heard her walk away and give her kid a "time out" for making such a racket while mommy was "on the phone". Her kids are 3 1/2 and 1 and 1/2.

I guess mommy doctors know the clarion call of toddlers too!

On a completely different note, I just found out that two of the most stylish and amazing women I know are writing about "Clothes Stories" here: http://theclothesstory.blogspot.com/ 

The outfits I have seen them wear over the years are to die for, and I am so excited I get to see some of the outfits I've missed! (Like Holly's Silver Stella McCartney Jumpsuit).

Outfit:

Sweater: Cousin hand-me-down. Mossimo. Very soft.

Skirt: Cousin hand-me-down. Ralph Lauren. Thank you cousin! See said cousin perform on Friday night! Very funny!

Shoes: American Eagle.

1 comment:

  1. So as part of my limitless procrastination this week I went to the link of your band and watched the performance--WOW! So glamorous. If I didn't know you it would be hard to reconcile that image with the hardworking mom of a sick little girl (feel better Hollis!), but somehow you do it all!

    ReplyDelete