one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

San Diego Bound!

I have to drive down to San Diego in mere moments, so this may be my shortest post ever. I got home very late, and Richard had a Clippers game to attend, so I am not leaving as early as I would like, but if I get there around 1:oo a.m., which is when I think I should arrive, it won't be much later than my usual bedtime, and I will NOT have to get up as early as I would if I were going to work. At least I hope not. I could be mistaken, however. I guess we'll see. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!!!

Richard just asked if I was writing about my dread and trepidation at leaving the kids with him alone for three days. I told him "no". I just hope they eat at least one home cooked meal (I am making marinara sauce for them right now in the hopes that tomorrow Richard will make pasta to go with it!) 

xoxo!

Not my shortest post ever.

30 day to go!!!!

Outfit:


Might I go out with a fizzle? I have been too tired to be inspired, but I am hoping to get my mojo back soon! Sorry about the horrible photos. It was a rush job!

Shirt: Forever 21. I got this when I was working in admissions. It was good at the time, but I think it doesn't fit me well. It's going on the out pile!

Sweater: Cousin hand me down. Forever 21.

Pants: Goodwill. Moda International. These I got right after I had one of the kids, and they also do not fit right. Out they go!

Shoes: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment