one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

I am in the midst of some life-changing, very painful, but potentially liberating stuff. I can't really talk about it here, but I've been thinking about it ad naseam.

Literally.

I'm still not sure how things will turn out, but a very wise and lovely woman told me to listen to my body. She said that while our minds can rationalize and talk us into or out of anything, our bodies let us know how we really feel. Really.  She's very smart.  I will be paying attention to my visceral responses in the weeks to come...

Leo had a class presentation on Friday, so I threw together this outfit. I recently received this lovely and delicate blouse from my friend The Freshmaker. She gives me the most awesome cast-offs! Thank you, Freshy! The yellow is so spring-y and light!


Outfit:

Camisole: Goodwill. Express.

Shirt: Hand-me-down. Banana Republic.

Pants: Cousin hand-me-down. Gap.

Jacket: Goodwill. Theory.


Shoes: Mossimo.

8 comments:

  1. hope all the answers come, thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong! The answers will come to you in one form or another and you will know how to respond! Much love to you - xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rachel, for the wise words!!! xoxo-S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza! I was about to post Ch-ch-ch-changes to the http://www.wjhotel.com/index.php link I put on your wall and then saw that you had already gone there! On love. One heart. Let's get together and feel alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh! I love your picture! Long live the Washington Jefferson!!! xoxo-S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I think you need to come paint with me.... and then the painting will reveal all!;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh... Me and painting are like oil and water... I don't paint.

    However, maybe if I did it would reveal something!

    ReplyDelete