one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Hot Spot!

So, I am at the Airport, where I just added pictures to Richard's post yesterday, but, my battery is about to die!

So I guess that makes it: Technology-2, Shelyana-0...

Or, maybe I get a half a point for posting this lame bit on the run!

I can't wait to write about my final two days in New York! They were awesome, and love-filled, and bittersweet. Life is that way, no?

HaHa was the most charming amazing baby. Besides the 2 a.m. bedtimes, of course. She is really just the sweetest thing, and I am glad I got some time alone with her to appreciate all of her lovely qualities.

Okay. Gotta run. I'd like to get some food before we get on the plane!

XoXo- Shaysh

And thanks to my lovely hubby for last night!

Outfit:

Wife-beater: Target. Most other summers I would be wearing these every day. However, I can't do that this summer!

Pants: Salvation Army. Mossimo.

Shoes: Fit Flops.

Neck wear: This is an old strapless bra that i thought looked like a cool collar. However, Willa, a hip, and wise teenager, was on to me, so I guess I'll have to nix this trick! Calvin Klein.




My little angel sleeps finally!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment