one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Music, Music, Music!

With my mom and aunt here to babysit last night, Richard and I managed to stroll through the front door at 2:00 a.m. with no problems and no guilt. We had been out to see our talented friend Mason Reed play along with some other very gifted musicians. If you click on Mason's link you will hear him sing with one of last nights' performers, Elle King. She was amazing and the song they sing together is quite lovely and sad.

I am going out again tonight to see my friend Maura sing with the band Vibrasol. She is a talented gal on the go and I am so excited to see her rock the house! This means I will have seen live music three days in a row! Could I ask for anything more?

Outfit:

I wanted to stay in pajamas all day (could it be the 2:00 a.m. bedtime?), but I already did that twice on this blog, and I didn't think I could get away with it again. I opted for a pair of items that felt like pajamas and looked pretty close. I was feeling good and groovy until I remembered that I was supposed to go out tonight and that I might look like a total looser if I showed up in the outfit I choose. In light of the fact that I don't want to "waste"outfits, I decided to try to go bohemian. I figured with the right accessories I just might pull it off, and, I just might keep my jacket on all night!

Brown Shirt: From cousin. Mossimo.

Pants: Goodwill. These pants used to be a jumpsuit! Seen in Day of Rest and Sunny Sunday!

Slippers: Old Navy.

Shoes: Mossimo.

Jacket: Hand me down from my BFF Pollyanna! Forever 21.




No comments:

Post a Comment