one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pollyanna!

Today is the birthday of the beautiful and sweet Pollyanna! Talented and witty, generous and kind, she is a true Renaissance woman, and she is also one of my very best friends. We have been through everything together.

We met in fourth grade and became fast friends. We went everywhere together and practically lived together at one point. I was an only child, and I inserted myself into her four-sibling family. At her house we would have seances, dance-offs, and play Ouji board. We would take the bus to her dad's house and swim all day.

At my house we played "models" and "spies" and made up songs. We read books, and made funny tape recordings, and wrote stories and plays. Listening to those tapes now, it is clear that Pollyanna was the funnier, wiser, talent. She was and is the sharpest of sharp.

Looking back at those years between 4th and 6th grade, I cannot imagine having a different best friend. We had so many adventures. Rich and priceless. And, of course, there are all those years after... And, of course, the years to come!

It is late and I went to bed at 3:30 last night, so I am keeping it short! Happy Birthday Pollyanna!!! Thank you for the pizza, and for commenting on my posts every day!!! You're the best!

Outfit:

Dress: Goodwill. Apparently I left this dress at my sister's house last year. I had been wondering where it was and thought that maybe I had given it away. I was ecstatic when she showed it to me because I am in love with the print! Roody Kazoody.

Skirt: Hand me down from friend.

Shoes: Predictions.

Sweater: Clothing swap. Express.

Belt: This belongs to another dress my friend gave me.

2 comments:

  1. Here Here! To all things Pollyanna!, a renaissance woman indeed <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shazz. What a sweet tribute. I love you too and I love that dress.

    ReplyDelete