one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Belated Props!!!

Yesterday, while I was rattling off trivial facts of the day, I forgot to mention the most important fact of all!!! It was my Aunt Diane's, the brilliant and beautiful matriarch of our family! I'm sorry Aunt D! I thought her birthday was today. What can I say? I have yet to get my i-Cal together.

Anyway, Aunt Diane is the best, and I am so grateful she was born because our family would not have been the same without her!

Happy Belated, and many more! See you tomorrow!!!

Today was a real TGIF day. After a very busy and crazy week, it is nice to have a couple of days to get my sleep on!

I had a kindergarten parent dinner that was lovely and fun, and, amazingly, the group of parents I was sitting with, and I, did NOT talk about our kids!!! There were a few kid comments, naturally, but they were said in passing. We talked about New York, the seats in Disney Concert Hall, FIDM, Sondheim, and some other topics I can't get into right now...
It was a lot of fun though! And the food was scrumptious!

Outfit:

Black Sweater: Cousin hand me down.

Leopard wrap top: Le Chateau, circa 1997. I wore this 10 days ago.

Skirt: Goodwill. Zara.

Sweater coat: Goodwill. Forever 21. One of the last things I bought before I started this project!


Shoes: American Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment