one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Menopause?!

I don't know what is going on with my body, but tonight I had the thought that maybe I am going through early menopause! Physically exhausted, irritable, hot, (and I'm usually always cold)... When I lay down to read to the kids, which turned into Leo reading to me before I read to the kids, I put my head on the pillow and felt super relieved and comfy.

 Now, I must admit that the three proceeding hours included three major melt downs from the three kids, and driving home in L.A. traffic. These things could make anybody irritable right? I think so. Or maybe it is my pesky hormones going cray-cray after seven years with three pregnancies and 4 years and 8 months of nursing that continues despite my efforts to discourage any partaking of "bah-bah". I tell HaHa no, and she persists, squeezing every last drop she can out of my sad and exhausted mammary glands. She actually tells me when they are "done"... Anyway, qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq


I am tired and I needs to get some zzzzz's. Case in point, see the above qqqqqq's! (made by mistake as I was drifting)(honest!)

Outfit:

Top: Forever 21. This was in impulse on sale buy, and it's going bye-bye after this year is through!

Sweater: Cousin hand-me-down. Forever 21.


Pants: Isaac Mizrahi for Target!

Shoes: American Eagle.

2 comments: