one closet, one year!

I was getting dressed for a friend's birthday party and I didn't know what I was going to put on my body. I looked in my closet and it seemed empty, unpromising. I've had these moments before; everything was old, ill-fitting, or blah. I thought to myself, "Ugh! I have NOTHING to wear!" Then I began rifling through my closet and saw a forgotten shirt I loved and many more, and I realized I was crazy. I had plenty to wear, and plenty to choose from. My closet was FULL of treasures! At that moment I decided I would take a year to explore my closet and to add NOTHING new to my wardrobe.

I would create a NEW outfit for each day in order to maximize my wardrobe and shake up my style.

Basically, I would try to "snap out" of my fashion rut, and appreciate what I have.

It was my New Years' project:
One Closet, One Year.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rockin' the Bat Mitzvah!

I just got back from a fabulously fun Bat Mitzvah! I love Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. They are good times. Before our rockin' hora extravaganza, there was something called the "Havdalah", which was very beautiful. It almost made me and  Maura,  the other female singer in the band, want to convert.


It was a great crowd, which always helps, but my favorite moment of the night was when a young boy came up to the band and asked me, "Do you know any Ke$ha?" I answered very matter of factly, "We're too old." 

He gave me a funny look, but I spoke the truth.


Two outfits for November 13:


 





 
Day: 

 Shirt: Thrift store: Clio.


 Jeans: Clothing Swap. J.Crew.


Shoes: Fit Flops.




Night:

Shirt: I got this in New York at least 15 years ago, and I have no idea where I got it. Someplace down town on Broadway.

Pants: Express.


Shoes: American Eagle.


Jacket: Goodwill. Jones New York.





The venue was very dark, so I couldn't get a good shot.  I took my photo in our "Green room" behind where we were playing...But at least you know it's not a repeat!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment